Thursday, January 03, 2008

A North Carolina type of Christmas

The day after Christmas Brad, Ethan and I were off to NC for our break. We seemed to barely make it there, including running across the airport to make our flight after our first one was delayed. This "run" was made in high heels and a large bag and diaper bag while Brad is strolling Ethan in front of me. We literally ran, like Home Alone, about a half mile through the airport weaving in and out of people. Luckily I was little bit behind Brad, so I could apologize to the furious people that Brad cut off all while I was cutting them off! We made it as they were closing the doors, well Brad made it and said that his wife was coming and to hold the doors. Good thing he loves me, right! I told him I was behind him on purpose to apologize to everyone. He said, "Monica, I think they know why we are running, and we don't need to apologize, I am sure they understand...and I did say excuse me". Still, I apologized.


Once we were finally there, it seemed like time flew by visiting, eating, playing games and just spending time with each other. I loved our trip and am sad to be back to snowy, snowy ICE-burg. I don't think I wore a jacket in NC, well actually I did once when it rained. Though I love the snow, I still love warm weather more.


Lately the only way to make Ethan look at the camera and smile is to hit your head and say bonk, you have to be quick because he will laugh and then mimic you. This is him "bonking".
The grandchildren attempting a family shot.



Ethan wearing uncle Paul's glasses. He actually wore them at church making the entire pew start giggling.


Such good buddies!


Ethan and Brad playing the Wii

The shot below is Addison, Ethan and Grandpa. Addison was a little jealous that Grandpa was holding Ethan, so he wanted to be held too.


Opening presents.

1 comment:

tiff snedaker said...

How fun, it looks like a good trip! I'm sure Ethan's cousins loved having him there. How funny that you happened to call while I was checking out your blog, imagine that, lol.