



A few days ago Ethan had his second major ouch (the first, if you remember was when he stabbed himself in the eye with a metal spoon)! His toy had rolled under the fridge and he squatted down and felt under the fridge for his toy, which I thought was cute since he was so little, it was something an adult would do, not my little Ethan. He pulled something out, which wasn't his toy, but something that looked like ice. I was like, I don't remember dropping any ice. Upon further inspection, I found that it was broken glass!!!! As you can imagine, what happens when you try to take something from a 1 year old?! Yes, as softly as I could muster I asked him nicely for the glass and tried to distract him, and he just grabbed on harder to the glass! Ahh! So it sliced his little thumb. My heart hurt! It was bleeding and wouldn't stop bleeding! Brad and Paul decided to bandage the thumb...yeah right, try to get a 15month old to keep that on! Ethan was so brave, he whined a little bit but was more interested at what they were putting on his thumb then what had actually happened. We finally put a thick pressure dressing on his thumb, and found that Ethan couldn't get if off even with biting it. I took pictures instead of freaking out~ but I really was inside!
And then there is bedtime. The thumb that he sliced is the thumb that he sucks at nighttime. As I was putting him down, I got worried that he would suck the bandage off and choke during the night. Brad was thinking the same thing because he came into the room telling me to see if it stopped bleeding so we could take it off so Ethan doesn't choke. Since both of us were thinking that, I took it off! The poor kid! He would tenderly put his thumb in his mouth and try to suck! A sad sight. So, needless to say, these past few nights have been miserable, waking up every 2 hrs or so! Please heal soon!
And then there is bedtime. The thumb that he sliced is the thumb that he sucks at nighttime. As I was putting him down, I got worried that he would suck the bandage off and choke during the night. Brad was thinking the same thing because he came into the room telling me to see if it stopped bleeding so we could take it off so Ethan doesn't choke. Since both of us were thinking that, I took it off! The poor kid! He would tenderly put his thumb in his mouth and try to suck! A sad sight. So, needless to say, these past few nights have been miserable, waking up every 2 hrs or so! Please heal soon!
2 comments:
Poor Ethan! That makes MY heart hurt to look at it. We all know that glass cuts hurt way more than regular cuts and scrapes. Poor kid. That's hilarious that he would still suck on that thumb, bandage and all.
oh ethan. that totally stinks. glass is awful. I've gotten it in my feet a ton of times(i'm from hawaii where you go bare foot all the time..you think i would learn.) anyway glad to hear that you got it out. maybe with his hurt finger he'll stop sucking his thumb!
Post a Comment