Monday, June 23, 2008

Father-Son campout

father and son
The hill Ethan wanted to climb or started to climb by himself before Brad stepped in
Staying warm in the car and why Ethan's teeth need a good brushing
His own little hike
His own little hike, a different time...
Wandering off again...
Throwing cups in the fire
Playing with the big kids

Would you believe that I let my husband take a 1.5 year old camping with him? I had no choice, I was working the weekend of the camp out and Brad took Ethan along for the ride. If you notice the pictures, Ethan was perfectly content just wandering away as long as he had teddy with him, which Brad said he did often and so he had to keep a close eye on him (what he would have done otherwise I have no idea). But i loved to hear the stories and am glad I wasn't there to witness them. Like Ethan saw all the boys throwing their cups and plates in the fire, so Ethan walked over to the cups, picked one up and went back over to the fire and threw it in (Silent gasp from me when Brad was telling the story). Or wanting to play with the big kids, like the last picture, he looked at Brad like "come on dad, no pictures"! He didn't want Brad to follow or be involved when he was trying to keep up with the kids, especially when they wanted to climb the mountain was when Brad stepped in and took Ethan half way up. Ethan wasn't a very good sleeper through the night and rolled everywhere and kept Brad up worrying about him (cute huh). Overall I think they had a great time. Ethan came back wearing the same outfit that I sent him in, but I guess so was Brad (Yes the diaper was changed and not water logged when he got home). Brad is a good Dad and took great care of my boy! I don't know what I was worried about!

1 comment:

Juliana said...

Okay, I could help but laugh at these pictures. He thinks he is a little man. I loved that he stayed in the same outfit...