Sunday, June 22, 2008

Pregnancy woe rant


This is me with Ethan 7 months pregnant. I already feel this big and I am going on 6 months. I think maternal amnesia is true. I didn't remember what morning sickness was like until I was standing over the porcelain king yelling at Brad telling him I am never doing this again, Brad saying, "You said that last time!" I told myself that I was only sick the first 12 weeks or so during my last pregnancy, my lovely husband informed me that I was sick the entire thing. I honestly don't remember! Until now, when this little guy only sits on my right side of my stomach tucked right under my ribs I get a little hint of what it was like with Ethan. It's slowly coming back, thankfully slowly!

Lately, I have had the dilemma with comfy clothes...well comfy clothes that are stylish! I cannot help but laugh because my poor husband is trying to be so nice, but he is always brutally honest! The only pair of pants that I actually enjoy wearing right now are some black stretchy yoga pants. NOTE: If you have a pair, don't try to dress them up by putting a cute blouse and jean jacket on, even with some cute shoes...it doesn't work! Or wearing them under a longer shirt and a cute necklace, that ALSO doesn't work. In Brad's words, they will ALWAYS be workout pants no matter what you accessorize with, like trying to workout in high heels its not going to work! The first time I tried dressing up the pants, he came home from work and stopped in his tracks and just starred at me, almost thoughtfully with a smile on his face, "Something just doesn't work with that outfit". Not, hello honey, good to see you, or I love you, or how was your day! After changing the color of the shirt a million times, he just kept laughing and said, "its gotta be the workout pants, change those!" Well I don't want too! Something HAS to work. So throw on a old T-shirt, perfect, it works....grrr! Perfect, just how I wanted to look grubby wearing workout clothes to match the growing basketball in my tummy, try to feel pretty wearing that out in the town! You know that song Jessica Simpson sings, with the line how she feels pretty with nothing but a T-shirt on? I want her to try to sing that when she is in her 3rd trimester pregnant...it will change, this I promise you (I had to throw Nick in the mix). It might even go something like this... "try to feel pretty with nothing but a T shirt to put on"! Yeah, really pretty Jessica, your husbands shirt is the only thing that fits!

Okay, so its not that bad, yet. Brad has been very kind and taking me out shopping for clothes, but have yet to find any comfy prego pants. Only kind in town are shorts or the droopy crotch and fabric lip to go over the belly that I have to constantly pull up again, and again, and again. The peeps that invented those had the right idea, but I think they fell a bit short. I mean, does anyone like those pants? You gotta love the feeling of tight fabric over your swollen and sore belly where the top of your pants nestle just under your breasts! Sweet, I love my pants just under my boobs, a perfect fit! If I am going to do that, might as well wear a unitard/catsuit! Maybe that should be the new and upcoming thing for the prego world, I'll let you know when I get rich from it...well, after thinking about it for 2 seconds, it just wont work unless there is a zipper at the crotch for easy bathroom access, I can't imagine wanting to strip down every time I have to go, and most of the time it is a "gotta go, gotta go, gotta go right now" dance to the potty! No time for unitards!

Here are a couple of funny comments that Brad has made to me about my experimental outfits...

THE TOP 5
  1. "That out fit looks like a polygamist"

  2. "That outfit looks like a polygamist in the 80's"

  3. "How do you like the 80's and stretch pants?" ( I was trying the new leggings under a dress shirt style)

  4. Kindly saying after looking at my outfit but not making any eye contact, "Do you need any new maternity pants?"

  5. "You look so uncomfortable, that's all"

When I struggle pregnant, so does Brad! Hee hee, it is so funny to see his face and hear his remarks and then watch him try to cover up his remarks and try to cover those remarks up too! Overall he has been very kind and cute and protective, waking up finding him with his hand on my belly while he is sleeping. Okay, enough embarrassing Brad.

Other than the pants I have no other complaints besides the pregnancy induced vertigo, sleep deprivation, baby in the ribs, constant weakness and hunger, pregnancy induced albino-ness, sciatic nerve pain and sun sensitivity. The end.

3 comments:

Tara said...

Your belly is so cute! I am totally peeing right now because I can't stop laughing! I can just see Brad's face trying to be nice about workout pants. He He! I miss you guys! We're coming to Rexburg on the 12th of July or somewhere close to that and I can't wait to see you guys!

Melody said...

Oh, Monica! I laughed and laughed, not just because it's funny, but because it's totally true and I totally KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN! Only 3 more months...

Juliana said...

I can only imagine what this is like. i am insanely jealous!! Not of the pants problems or the uncomfortableness but definitely of the creation thing!!! You are amazing and I love your prego-hair is it shiny and beautiful.