Sunday, June 08, 2008

Seattle






Funny that I am posting this, a few weeks ago Brad and I and Ethan took a road trip to Seattle to visit my family. It was a blast. We were able to drive there, spend leisure time with my parents. My parents love and spoil Ethan, and it is nice because I don't have to worry about him, they do all the worrying. My parents are constantly bugging each other about keeping an eye on Ethan, making sure he doesn't do this or that all while I am sitting in the room, I love it. My parents are evenly tied, under my mothers watch Ethan managed to open the garage door and shut it on his hand. Under my fathers watch Ethan knocked over a candelabra that crashed into a few pots and made a noise worse than the damage. So my parents got to lecture each other about it, very funny!
We took a trip to the folk life festival in Seattle, where we were 20 ft away from a shooting. Nice cultural experience I tell ya. Especially to see my mother and father walking toward the shooting and then my father having Ethan on his shoulders, the first in line gathered around the victim!
We also went down to downtown Edmonds to walk the pier and spend some time on the beach. Ethan kept repeating "Boat, boat, boat, BOAT" when he saw all the boats. Brad taught Ethan how to spit over the Pier, nasty. And then Ethan decided that the FREEZING Puget sound water wasn't too cold to go walking in. He managed to con Brad in half way and then took grandmas hand and forced her into the water. Thank heavens for grandmas because I couldn't stand the water, it was too cold for me. My mother was nice enough to go in with Ethan, and of course he cried when we made him get out.
Fun times!

4 comments:

Shelley said...

Oh, I MISS home...I haven't been back for 6 years now! I need to get back up there one of these days. Glad you guys had a good trip!

tiff snedaker said...

Sounds like fun....except the shooting. I love how you casually mention it. Sounds scary. Sorry we couldn't make it to playgroup but we'd love to come to the next one at Beth's pool. Sounds fun! Not sure I have your number in my new phone....so I'll have to get it!

Juliana said...

I agree with Shelley!!! I love the pictures. I only wish you would be there over the 4th of July...I have to stop by and say hi to your parents.

Hewards said...

Those are the cutest videos. And I love hearing your mommy voice. It makes me miss you.