Tuesday, June 10, 2008

learning to spit

WARNING: this video is not for strict etiquette and manner enforcers, or for those who get grossed out easily.

On our trip in Seattle, Ethan saw Brad spitting off the pier. Of course, Ethan started trying, and trying and trying! I thought it was funny, at first. NOW, my child spits everything out, he'll be eating an apple and look at me and spit. Staring straight at me and spitting his apple out of his mouth. The other day at an ice cream social, one of the couples told me that my child was spitting, sure enough Ethan was bent over with a long string of spit hanging from his mouth and into the toy box. Lovely. I have tried to lecture him, stand him in the corner, ignore him...nothing works. He'll just look at you and spit, then grin with this look of accomplishment. If you address it, he'll spit harder. Ahh, I have no idea what to do.

1 comment:

Juliana said...

He is just adorable when he does it how could you tell him to stop? LOL...